Saturday, April 1, 2017

Saturday Sewing

Just added the binding to this pretty dresden quilt, I'm a little embarrassed to admit but this quilt has been sitting around for almost 3 years waiting for this binding to be added. Not the best quality photo today as the weather is a little grey...


This is the first time I've done a scalloped border and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out so far. It took a little longer than normal binding and I found rather than pinning it into position to hand baste the binding on first before sewing it with my machine really helped. I'll post more photo's when it's done! My friend Nicole and her daughter are coming for dinner tonight we're having a PJ party, I hope to get a start on hand sewing it down then.

I thought I would leave you with a photo my daughter Olivia took of Poppy about to give her kisses



2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I can't wait to see the quilt finished! I love the colors. =)

Kelly said...

What a beautiful quilt - love that fabric, and the quilting is gorgeous, too. I can't wait to see the whole thing :).