Monday, May 3, 2010

Withdrawal Symptoms...

I think I have been having withdrawal symptoms, our computer decided it was overworked and went on strike! So on Saturday we dropped it off at our nephews for him to look at. And yesterday after church he handed it back to us! Now that's service!!!  Our nephew is so wonderful he only charges us for parts not for the time he worked on it, he is only 17 and has worked along side his Dad who runs a computer shop, but now is taking on his own work for the shop. Okey Dokey now that  I'm back online I can share what has been happening in my little corner of the world. 

I have been on fabric buying restrictions but I managed to sneak these beauties in under the radar(DH) Lol...



Once they were in the safety of my sewing room I had to fondle them a little, as I was doing so I happened to glance over at a panel Lis and I recently bought and my heart did a back flip! Look at this Lis...


What do you think? I am going to go back to the quilt shop(on pay day) and get some more in this range I am pretty sure they had some in the blue colourway too!  Though I'm still not sure what I am going to do with them!

I know the next photo is a bit late but this was another finish for April's OPAM...


I decided to make it into a cushion for my half sister who is turning 8 tomorrow. Oh and it does have a cushion inner now by the way.

Remember his quilt...



I have finally finished quilting it and it is off the frame, and yesterday I managed to find a sunny spot to snuggle under it(the only warm place to be) and started to sew down the binding! This is a quilt for my DSIL who celebrated her 40th birthday on the 1st of May, I know it's a little late but she lives about a five hour drive away so I will have to post it to her, she doesn't know it's coming so hopefully it will be a nice surprise! I will post another photo when it's done.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

glad to see you back online Michelle. The cushion is so cute.What i can seeof the quilt looks lovely. Gorgeous fabrics too. Hugs, Jeanette

Rebecca said...

What a lovly Nephew you have and happy to see you up and running. I love the fabric and carn't wait to see what you make. the quilting look great.
Hugs Bec

Unknown said...

That is a great nephew ! Beautiful fabric too .

Linda4F's said...

Love your fabric range, I am on the stash busting and/or restriction. Its a shame you and your lovely family are so far away could use the service of you lovely nephew!
take care and happy sewing Cheers

Lis Harwood said...

Hi Michelle, I love the fabrics you've got to go with "our" panel. I'm home now and have unpacked. I want to spread all my purchases out and photograph the goodies for my blog. They all remind me of someone or somewhere, it's lovely.