Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We're going on an egg hunt...

I know it's not Easter, and unfortunately this post has nothing to do with chocolate;(
We live on a farm, and there is nothing better than free range farm fresh eggs, with golden yellow yolks. Yes I have a collection of chooks, real ones! But things seem to have gotten a bit out of hand, the story goes like this...
I started with three chooks, then a while ago a friend was shifting and couldn't take all her chooks so asked if I would like a couple, "Yes please" was my eager reply! Shifting day arrived and I ended up with 4 chooks and a rooster and 3 aforementioned chooks. 2 chooks unfortunately passed away leaving me with 5 chooks. Ok everbody with me? Then one chook became a Mummy chook to 12 chicks, and my were they cute!!! Some have flown the nest to live with a friend but all up I still have a rooster(maybe 2) and 10 chooks!!! My poor little chook shed isn't big enough to accomodate them all, so they have had free range of the farm, hence we have to go on an egg hunt...
The dog kennel...
The carshed...
and the stables...
I am sure there are other nests around that we haven't found, but not for much longer...
DH has taken it upon himself to build them all a new home, I'm sure it will be grand!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a lot of chooks I think I manaaged to keep up, good luck with the egg hunt.

Bec Hugs
Bec