Friday, October 30, 2009

Blessings...

The boys are back!!! They had a great time at camp, but I think they will enjoy sleeping in their own beds tonight.  They also brought back loads and loads of washing... sigh! Such is life.  Hubby and I visited some gardens this morning, and I left the camera sitting alone on the kitchen table.  So instead here are another couple of photos from the Quilt Show...

 
They are from the Breast of Friends BOM in the Homespun Magazine, the finished quilt looked lovely and I really like the fabrics she chose!
Now silly me said in my last post that I only had 2 posts left to do, well I forgot to include that post! So that means this must be my last post which takes me up to a grand total of 12 for this month(patting myself on the back)
Oh and I just wanted to share this little story of goodwill... It starts a week ago when DS1 left his school bag at school. During the weekend we were driving past school and noticed one of the teachers there so decided to go in and collect his bag.  What we found was rather disheartening, someone had ransacked his bag, stuff was everywhere and there on the mat was his shiny new glasses, screwed up in to a tight little bundle:o((( I mean who would do a thing like that!  Anyway we took his glasses into the optometrists who were absolutely fabulous.  They gave us the same frames as we had originally(the lenses were fine) and  only charged us $50!!!  We should have paid about $280!!!  We are really counting  are blessings this week:oD I quite often think we take a lot for granted, how have you been blessed this week?

1 comment:

Lis Harwood said...

Oh I hope your son is okay after finding his glasses like that, some people are so mean - but then the kindness of the optician balanced it all up, how wonderful. I have been blessed by my son returning safely from Borneo after achieving his aims there and a new and special quilting friend I have just met and feel like I have known all my life.