Thursday, October 22, 2009

Golly Gosh

Have I really only posted 3 times so far this month? That's shocking!!! If you take a closer look on my side bar at the amount of times I've posted each month you will notice a rising trend;o)  And no I didn't do it on purpose, (well except for last month*grin*) But as for this month I'm not entirely sure what happened! So I plan to rectify that. So let's see I need to post another 9 times before the end of the month, hmm.... there are only nine days left, so one post everyday til the end of the month, can I do it? Time will tell.  Ok moving on...
I thought I would share a picture of my almost finished DNP, I haven't sewn the borders on yet. This has been on my design wall for weeks, I just couldn't seem to find a pleasing arrangement and it was really starting to bug me! A couple of friends came to my rescue and this is what we ended up with...



It isn't perfect but I'm happy, there is a mistake that I didn't notice until it was all sewn up and the first border added, but I'm not going to unpick it. Can you see it?  Hmm maybe not... I'm having camera issues at the moment so please bear with me:o) as well as teenager issues but that is another story!
The other day I just happened across this gorgeous clock, and I knew I had the perfect spot for it so it came home with me...
 


I googled the title for my blog to see what it means, and came up with this...

Golly Whoppers

An exclamation of shock or surprise. Similar to "Golly Gosh" or "Oh my days".

'Oh my days!' I like it! Haven't heard that expression before, and I'm sure there are many others out there I haven't heard before.  What's you're favourite?

Well that's one post down only eight to go...

2 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

Hi Michelle, love the colours of your quilt - and I don't go looking for mistakes so I can't see it!! Lovely to hear from you, take care, I'll be checking your blog everyday for the rest of the month!!

broderie said...

i love the clock, i am always drawn to clocks and have quite a few! more than i need to keep reminding me that time is always travelling too fast! thanks for your post about the mail you got from me, i tried to make it suit your taste.