Saturday, October 10, 2009

Shop Sampler...

Earlier this year I made a jellyroll quilt as a shop sampler for my friend Claire @ 'Cinnamon Lodge' Dontcha just love the name! Her shop always smells divine, even some of the fabric I've bought has a lovely aroma, Mmmmm! anyway I digress... The said quilt is now back from the longarmer, and the quilting is just gorgeous:oD So without any further ado...
Unfortunately the photo just doesn't show up the colours very well:(

Some closeups...


A closer closeup...
Hmm the photos really didn't come out as well as I would have liked to show off the quilting, but if you click on them hopefully you can enlarge them and get a closer look!
I am really really happy with the way this quilt turned out, I was a bit nervous making something that everyone will stare at Lol!
I have also been thinking about doing another tutorial, since Christmas is on the way I thought I would share a little Christmas decoration I hang on the tree. I usually make new ones each year as I end up giving one to each visitor that comes, Lol! I am making some for a Christmas swap I am in so if anyone is interested, I will take photos as I go!
We had TPQ (Taranaki Patchwork and Quilting) yesterday. Mum and I went together and she was lucky enough to win a raffle!
Well school starts back again tomorrow and guess what after 2 weeks of miserably wet, cold weather the sun is shining;-) Look out garden here I come...

2 comments:

Julie said...

Great work. What an interesting design to make from a jelly roll. I really like it. The fabric range you have used looks great too.

Rebecca said...

What a lovely quilt I have great fun with jelly rolls. The quilting is great and you should be proud of your self. I am pleased that your mum won the raffle, have fun with the kids back at school.
Hugs Bec