Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Scrap busting project...

I have been trying to post for the last several days but for some reason I can't seem to download any photos:o((((  Most frustrating!!! So this post will just have to go photoless.
Last night my sisters' waters broke, a month early, this afternoon they are inducing her.  So I am eagerly awaiting news. We are looking after my niece while her Mum is in hospital and she is such a joy! Some of the things she comes out with are so cute!!! I haven't started a quilt for the wee bundle yet as they don't know what they are having, I figured I'd whip one as a Christmas Present.

A friend came to visit today, and we started yet another new project;oD  She brought some old wire coathangers that we molded into a heart shape, then using up some of my stash*grin* we cut thin strips of fabric. We then tied the strips around the heart shape to make a wreath. They are looking gorgeous!  We are also using small bits of ribbon and braids as well.  You actually need a lot of strips to cover one coathanger, but thats good! It means I can buy some of that lovely new fabric that has just arrived at Claires. My friend Gail is doing hers in pinks and purples and I'm using pink and greens. I will show photo's when they are finished.
I have so much to tell you, I hope DH can work out why I can't upload any photo's, so until then...

Take Care

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like fun at your house, hope all is going well and the bunndle arrives safe and sound. I made one of these wreaths awhile ago but I used tartan came out great. Nicks class made them one year out of shopping bags and some tinsle, the kids had a ball making them and ever year we put it up on the door for him. Take care and enjoy your niece while you have her.
Big Hugs Bec