Monday, February 1, 2010

Jiggity Jig...

Home again, home again Jiggity Jig... Yup back to reality, I could have stayed for another week quite easily!
My batteries have been recharged, and I'm all geared up to face the school year. Michael(DS1) will be homeschooling alongside Ruth(DD1) this year, we started today and while it took a bit of getting back into the swing of things I am rather enjoying it!
One of the things I enjoy when visiting other blogs are photo's of their home and surrounding countryside, to be able to see some wonderful sights from the comfort of my own home and dream about places I would love to visit(once the kids have flown the nest) So I thought I would share a few photo's of our view from the bach from left to right...

The Manawatu river...


The estuary...


The river mouth...


Bird Sanctuary and Estuary and in the distance 'The Sand Dunes'...


This path leads to 'The skate park'...


Where many hours were spent by the younger members of our family, me I was just content to watch from the comfort of the decking!  The oldest member of our family (not me!) went 4 wheel driving in the sand dunes, where himself and the boys had to dig there way out! Lol  We had an 'uh oh' moment when my DD1 walked into a window...


She reckons she didn't see it and she had her glasses on! I think she was having a blonde moment!  Thankfully she only had a small bump on her noggin to show for her efforts, it could have been a lot worse!!!  
There was another 'uh oh' moment but that belonged to another beach goer who decided to leave his friends car on the beach overnight(he had been drinking). When they came to collect the car the next day they found it here...


Oh darn... they did manage to rescue it, not sure why(I guess they couldn't leave it there)I sure hope the friend can see the funny side. 

Sadly the fishing left a lot to be desired, only DH caught 2 from his kayak, in the years we have been holidaying here it is the first time the kids and I haven't caught anything, I guess we will just have to go back next year and try again;O)


DS2 was buried by his little sister, later I think she wished she'd left him there!  All in all we had a great time and yes I did check out a new to me quilt shop, but that will be for another post...

2 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

You sound very refreshed Michelle. I love the photos from the bach, they've made me even more impatient to get to NZ!

Rebecca said...

Wow I hope DD1 is ok now, it looks like all had a great time and are ready to face the start of the school year. Good luck with the home schooling Take care
Hug Bec
ps love the car in the water poor guy but sure he would see the funny side.