Saturday, June 12, 2010

Are you sitting down...

It's definitely not normal for me to post twice in one day but I felt DS1 needed a post all of his own! Anyway whats constitutes as 'normal'?  I don't think our family could be classed as normal, anything but!!!  Some in our family may beg to differ but I know better!  So let me continue on with 'Let me fill you in'...
As you saw from the previous post, Bear Bear and I have been shopping, first off we needed to buy something to warm his little paws as the weather here has been awful, (as I look out the window, I can see great big black thunderous clouds approaching) lot's of snow on the mountain, and lots of wind and rain!!!  Just look at this photo...
 (Great for the ducks)

(And some randomness thrown in for good measure!)

The mittens were not the only thing on our shopping list, Bear Bear needed to do a little shopping for his next host(I wonder where he will be heading next) so off we went to Cinnamon Lodge...


Bear Bear chose some lovely pressies, but he made me promise not to show them here! So make sure you follow Bear Bear's journey here... bearbearhomestead.blogspot.com 

Not sure if I mention about the group of ladies from church who were interested in making a quilt, my friend Bev and I decided we would teach them how to make a raggy quilt.  Here they are cutting out their squares...

(that's Bev in the middle)

One lady was so inspired when she got home she decided to try out a smaller project just to see what the colours she chose would look like and whipped up a little jacket for her daughter and a matching bag!  I hope to have photo's of all the finished quilts soon. 

The sun has just poked it's rays through the clouds and shining onto the sofa  in the corner, time to make myself a cuppa and settle in with a bit of stitching, and just maybe I will have a finish to show you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow you have had a busy few weeks sorry to have missed it. Your son is growing into a lovely young man and pleased to hear the move has gone well. As for Bear Bear love the new gloves and if he was here he would need them to as it is so cold I am waiting to defrost.
Take care and big Hugs Bec