Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Percy Pukeko…

Yesterday at our weekly homeschooling outing, a family brought a baby Pukeko along that they had rescued…

SDC12235 (768 x 576) Just look at the size of those feet!

On our way home we stopped to take some photo’s of the swollen rivers from all the rain…

SDC12240 (768 x 576)

SDC12242 (768 x 576)

SDC12246 (768 x 576)

This river had burst it’s bank and was flowing through a paddock. I am pleased we took the 4 wheel drive as at one stage we had to drive through a river that was flowing across the road!

Today I visited Ethel Anne…

100_6244 (708 x 532)Can you see the little cabinet in the door way with the yellow tin in front of it? Well it’s no longer there, because today it came home with me! I will let it sit for a few days until I decide where I want to put it. I am thinking of giving it a little shabby makeover, it will be perfect for displaying mini quilts.

And I also put a little something aside for ________ for Christmas, I know she is going to adore them…

100_6246 (708 x 532)Purple pansies are one of her favourite flowers!

Don’t worry I’m sure she doesn’t read my blog! But just in case I’ll leave her name blank. Lol.

Tomorrow is supposed to be fine, maybe I can finally get a good photo of my Sudoku quilt, but until then here’s a little close up of the quilting…

100_6243 (708 x 532)

2 comments:

Nicky said...

Great pics Michelle. Those pansy cups and saucers are gorgeous. The quilting on your quilt is amazing.

carole brungar said...

I LOVE looking in that shop when I go to visit my daughter in New Plymouth! It's full of terrible things! LOL
Lovely blog! :))