Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pure Excitement…

Here’s an update of what I achieved last Friday, the coasters for my friends housewarming gift…

106_6341 (708 x 532)

We are going there for her daughters birthday on Saturday so I can give them to her then!

I almost finished the top for my table runner…

106_6358 (708 x 532)

But then I had to deal with a sick cat and a very upset little girl(lot’s of hugs were needed)… Georgie (the cat) is on the mend again now after spending several nights at the vets, he was diagnosed with crystals in his bladder(I think I got that right) and has to go on a diet of specially prescribed cat food for a whole month! I sure don’t want to see the vet bill when it comes.

I also got the backing pieced for two quilts, so they are ready to take to the LAQ.

And now for the exciting bit…

106_6350 (708 x 532)

Look what has arrived already…

106_6352 (708 x 532) 106_6353 (708 x 532)

Yup it’s the fabric for Jack’s baby quilt, I wish I had bought one for me too!

But wait what’s that? Look what else they sent…

106_6356 (532 x 708)

Oh my, I guess my fingers must have slipped when I ordered the jellyroll;oD Will have to make a cuppa and curl up with it later!

Well after 2 days of lovely weather it’s raining again, I had great plans to get out in the garden today, it’s such a shame. I think I’ll just have to make a start on the baby quilt instead…

1 comment:

Lis Harwood said...

Love those jellyrolls and that looks a good book too - looking forward to seeing Jack's quilt so you'd better stay out of the garden and sew! Hugs.