Friday, March 4, 2011

He’s such a sweetie…

The other day when DH mentioned he had a surprise for me I had no idea it would be one of these…

DSC_0026 (600 x 400)

He offered to take me out for a coffee yesterday(how could I refuse)sew it wasn’t until he parked outside the camera shop that I actually clicked on! He had secretly bought me a new camera(he knew I had been looking) and he got me the one I wanted! I am such a spoilt girl!!!

It is scary and exciting all at the same time!!!

I have had a little play but I have sew much to learn…

DSC_0028 (400 x 600)

The photos seem much crisper and detailed…

DSC_0011 (600 x 400)

And look how this flower appears to just float…

DSC_0016 (600 x 400)

It is sew exciting!!! Thank you sew much Honey, {hugs}I think you are the sweetest!!!

Now I really need to go and work out how to use it!

Have a great day

Michelle

PS Has anyone out there got one of these camera’s who wouldn’t mind lending a few words of advice? Favourite settings etc? I would really appreciate it! TIA

6 comments:

trish said...

What a huge blessing! :o) And how much fun you are having, learning all it can do. Do you have a macro setting on it? I use mine when I am taking up close pictures (like of a flower or quilt block). Also, I have an option for movement. In other words, if it is something that is moving, the shutter speed is faster and captures it. So far I have only used it on very little movement, towels hanging on the line. That kind of thing. :o)

Nicky said...

WOW - That is so exciting - I love the photos you've taken already!

I have been looking for a while now, perhaps I need to send my husband to read this post LOL

Have lots of fun with your new toy!!

Bev C said...

Hello Michelle,
Wow, that is great news about your new camera,hope you enjoyed the coffee too.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Photography said...

Oh yay! so exciting!!! Kimberly has just got one too and she knows more than me, she would happily help - as she has offered me help here blog is:
http://venselfamilyproject365.blogspot.com/
I haven't really had a chance to get to know mine yet - time time (and I am getting impatient!! lol) But I am happy to help with any questions you may have and as I learn too :-) Very happy for you!!

Sparky said...

HI sweetie...nothing is as exciting as a new toy, especially for bloggers. I have what I call a big girl camera too..lol. I suggest taking a camera class, this is where I have learned the most about settings and dept of field and the perfect props, reflectors and lenses...there are a few online groups too that are worth noting...
your pics are very good...

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi again Michelle!

Gosh - your new camera looks fantastic! I am hoping to be in the market in a year or so... so will be interested to see more of your photography (which, by the way is gorgeous!)

I spotted something else gorgeous (besides all the beautiful children!)... could you please advise me what the fabric is in this post, with the wee birds nest? Love it!

Hugs! Vikki xx