Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Some new treasures…

I had a few minutes to spare yesterday in town so I ducked into ‘Willow’ and found these neat jars…

DSC_0470 (600 x 400)

I might have to go back and buy a couple more, here’s a close-up…

DSC_0471 (400 x 600)

Old style milk bottles with the words Dairy Milk by Heritage Company since 1810 and on the back please wash and return to Heritage Co.

DSC_0474 (600 x 400)

And these gorgeous green ones have 1868 Honey written on them.

And just for fun, have you seen this book…

images

It is amazing! We got it out of the library the other day but it would make a great coffee table book, this is one of my favourites…

images (1)

And yes it is made entirely out of food! The water is made from a sea of salmon, the trees I think are carrot tops the rocks are potatoes! Amazing huh! If you want to see more go here.

Only two more sleeps until Claire, Michelle and I go on our Great Op Shop Hop!

Michelle

7 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

I love old milk jars. I remember when the milkman came to our house and lefy milk in a galvinized insulated box! Of course there were 7 kids so we got our in glass gallon bottles.
I've never seen a milk jar shaped like the green one-it's a real find.
What a cute book-so much fun!

Miss Hillbilly said...

That book is cool! I am going to see if I can find it here to check it out.

Raewyn said...

Oh gorgeous bottles - what a find!! Now that books looks pretty interesting too - it would really get the imagination going.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love the green glass bottles you found!

Wendy said...

Your bottles are gorgeous, what a great find!

Lis Harwood said...

Those bottles are lovely. Looking forward to reading about your op shop hop, what fun.

Nicky said...

Gorgeous bottles, the green ones are such a pretty colour. The food book is incredible - how do people come up with these amazing ideas??
Hope you're having a lovely weekend!