Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tuesday Trip…

I am still around… life is starting to settle down a wee bit.. we are still busy on the farm but are nearing the end of calving… so soon I may get to spend some time sewing… Unfortunately our worker has had to resign for health reasonsSad smileso between myself and our children we are taking on his job… DH has made a roster… so between three of us we will share the job of milking… and whatever else needs doing… so between home schooling and the farm and house work I have had little time for sewing…

DSC_0786 (600 x 400)

I did manage a quick trip to New Plymouth on Tuesday(I had to do a job for DH and pick up some meat from the butchers) so I snuck into say Hi to Mum and Roz and Roz cute little shop…here  if you are ever driving past make sure you call in and say Hi you wont regret it, it is a fabulous little shop and Roz is such a sweetie too…

DSC_0784 (600 x 400)

Roz’s shop and garden will be open for the Garden Festival in October… this is a photo of her gorgeous house, I love the blue trim and just look at the sweet scallops…

DSC_0781 (600 x 400)

DS2 got to be an orchardist and pick some lovely sweet tangelos…

DSC_0782 (400 x 600)

That’s my lovely Mum holding the bag for him… The garden is just my sort of garden with little vignettes dotted here and there…

DSC_0788 (600 x 400)

And little bridges…

DSC_0789 (400 x 600)

And I couldn’t go there and not buy anythingWinking smile I bought another treasure for my hutch which I will share when I change my hutch for spring! In fact I have been picking up a few little things for my spring display lately…

DSC_0802 (600 x 400)

I’ll hopefully be back soon with something quilty to share…Until then…Keep smiling!

Michelle

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Michelle, sorry to hear about the worker! It's good to get off farm for a wee break, calving has slowed here,1/2 way there!! Hows the mod podge going?
Michelle

Rebecca said...

Pleased you got to escape for awhile and the fruit looks yummy . Looking forward to seeing what you brought when Spring comes it's on hold here at the moment , turned cold again :(
Hugs Bec

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Hi, I'm Kelli.. kind of a new follower to your blog and to blogland in general. Enjoyed your post, the fruit looks delish!

Helen said...

H Michelle

Where exactly is this divine looking wee shop? I checked the website but couldn't see where the physical address is.

Maria said...

Pleased you got to have a break away.
The fruit lookd lovely.

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Sorry to hear about your extra work-load due to the workers health problems. Life throws curve-balls at us, doesn't it? That shop like real cute..I wish I had a need to go to New Plymouth!

Lis Harwood said...

Glad to hear you're able to cope without your worker, I'm sure you will all pull together. Your trip into NP looked fun - love that garden. Take care, blessings, xx

Miss Hillbilly said...

You sound very very busy! Hang in there. Love to hear about the family pulling together though :)

Nicky said...

Busy times for you Michelle. Glad you got a wee break in the farm routine. Have a lovely weekend, Nicky