Monday, March 11, 2013

Dry…

DSC_5308

Some of you have asked about how dry it is here. This photo is taken from our decking and as you can see it is very dry. We have finished feeding the last of the turnips and are continuing to feed out silage and palm kernel.

Most of the North Island is under a total fire ban. Last week we had a hedge catch fire due to a overhead power wire snapping, thankfully the police were doing a routine drive(this was in the very early hours of Friday morning  when everyone is tucked in their beds asleep)  and noticed it before it got too out of hand…

This afternoon we had a weird fog roll in off the sea which has now gone. I checked the weather forecast earlier and it looks like there could be rain on the horizon later in the week.

Parts of the North Island have declared a drought, Hubby thinks it wont be long before we will be too.

Unfortunately this doesn’t only affect the farmers but it also affects local businesses, as the farmers stop spending…

In happier thoughts… I have been actually sewing, I can’t remember the last time I sewed! It’s been fun…:O) And I have also finished one project for the ‘drill a hole in it challenge’ with more in the pipeline! It seemed to be a weird title for a challenge but I have surprised myself with the possibilities… stay tuned…

Blessings

3B03E9531CCD350D311671AEEF211731

8 comments:

Raewyn said...

Amazing to see Taranaki so dry!! Lets hope that rumour in the weather forecast is right. Shame about the turnips running out, at least you have the others. I love your peg apron, it really is nice!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Michelle,

Fingers crossed for some rain for you. We had half a mil overnight!!!

Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo

Leeanne said...

Boy the old Naki is dry!
Let s all do a rain dance :-)

Wendy said...

It's so brown here in the Waikato too, we are definitely hoping for rain!! I look forward to seeing your sewing.

Lis Harwood said...

Golly that looks dry! The world is so unbalanced weather-wise. The snow and cold winds have returned here, it's a "feels like" -8C outside today although we've had sun between the snow showers. I wish I could send you some of our floods.

camp and cottage living said...

Michelle
I do hope you get some rain!
I can't wait to see your new projects.

Julie said...

Hi Michelle - gosh it is dry down there as well !!! My Mum who lives in Hawera, tells me it is pretty brown. We are in an "official drought" here now - the poor old cows are struggling. I almost forget what rain feels like!! It is certainly a worry with these weather patterns we now have, Julie :-)

barbara woods said...

hope it rains for you soon. wish i could send some from Ga all the way to you but we are under a high right now and suppose to get some this weekend