Saturday, June 20, 2009

Slow Work In Progress

I have been shopping and found some small bookcases, which were on special! So the task to sort out my fabric cupboard has begun...
Going through my stash I was thinking Oh yeah I was going to make that, Oh dear why did I buy that and Oh I forgot that I had that... It's almost as good as retail therapy LOL
DH, DD1 and DS1 have gone to Wanganui for the day on a Youth trip(DH is youth leader and a big kid LOL) So this afternoon, after all the housework(yuk) is up to date, guess where I'm headed?

Here are some photos of more finished projects and the Big Kid...

April Cornell chinese coin quilt... This one's mine!
A quilt I made for my Mum a couple of years ago...

These photos don't really do it justice! The colours weren't really me but by the time I finished it I didn't want to give it away... Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Good luck with the sorting out...and I just love your coin quilt, it looks just fantastic and the quilt you made your mum, that is fantastic, what you have done with the shape of the blocks is wonderful..

Lis Harwood said...

You're having a great time sorting out your stuff in peace and it looks as if it'll be a great space when it's all done. My sewing room has ground to a halt and is filled with DS's school and uni stuff and assorted baby things for my beautiful grandson! I'll get in there one day!!

Mary Johnson said...

Both of these quilts are very cute. I've been meaning to try one of these slashed quilts that add the narrow sashing before sewing them back together but so far haven't managed it. love the colors in yours.