Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My first finish...





This has got to be my oldest UFO, or should I say was my oldest UFO, and my first finish for the OPAM challenge!
I had intended to have it completed for my Dad for Christmas but he didn't come down for Christmas this year and in all the busyness of the season it went on the back burner until...  Dad rang last weekend and said they would be here in a week, so my sewing room was a buzz with activity. As a few of you know my DH bought me a Juki and a swiftquilter frame last Christmas and up until now I had only had practice tops on the frame. I had to overcome my fear and just go ahead and quilt a real quilt. Once I worked out why it kept catching(the feed dogs had jambed and hadn't gone down properly argh!) I was away!  It's far from perfect, but I am quite pleased with my first effort:oD  And Dad loved it!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow Michelle you should be so proud of your self, your dads quilt looks great and I am pleased you got over the first hump lol. Have fun with your family
Big Hugs Bec

Lis Harwood said...

What a beautiful quilt Michelle and neat quilting too! Love Lis x

bingo~bonnie said...

what a labor of love - both for this beautiful quilt and also for your Dad. Congratulations on getting your oldest UFO completed! It's beautiful.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie