Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pottering…

I started cleaning my kitchen this morning and kind of got a little carried away… I started changing a few things around and before I knew it and had totally rearranged the kitchen, two bookcases and my hutch!

DSC_2384

I carefully and lovingly washed and dried all my pretties, I really should have been out in my garden it is such a beautiful autumn day…

DSC_2386

But sometimes it nice just to potter and play…

DSC_2387

In my sorting I have come across a few bits and pieces that just aren’t my favourites, there’s nothing wrong with them they just aren’t my favourites… so they will go in a box and I will take them to the next KHS group to sort through(this has become a bit of a tradition in our group) I am the sort of person who likes to be organised(or try to be!) and need to be as a home schooling Mum, therefore I don’t like my home to be cluttered but I still like to have my treasures about me and make a happy and welcoming home for my friends and family!

DSC_2390

I bought some plates from Trademe the other day, (which I’ll share in another post) the plates are being sold on behalf of another lady who is a hoarder, you know like the ones on that TV Show… well I do not want to become one of those, hence my decision to only keep the things I love… sometimes less is more… :o) I have friends(you know who you are) that have beautiful homes that I love to visit, with lots and lots(is that enough lot’s) of beautiful treasures and that’s OK cos I don’t have to dust it! I also have four kids and a  hubby who would be a hoarder if I let him and a small house!

So tell me which group do you belong to?

Michelle

10 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Michelle,

Oh you have a talent for displaying items. Are those real sweet peas?

Have a great day.

Bev.xoxo

Jeanette said...

I do try not to hoard but i have way to much stuff. Keep promising myself to have a good clean out but never seem to do it. Maybe while the kids are on holiday next week. They can help. :) hugs,

Leeanne said...

Sweet pea!!!!
Love what you did, I hear you some times pottering is magical medicine!
Mmmmmm I most likely somewhere in the middle.....small rented house so, well you know the story :-/

Susan said...

Unfortunately a hoader with a hoarder husband and daughter and a not big emnough house - not as bad as the TV shows but . .

All your pretties look - well - pretty!

Anonymous said...

Tehe your not talking about me are you??? It looks beautiful, well done, nick xox

Sara said...

Ooh I'm very jealous of - well - everything in the first two photos! My kitchen and living room have a pink and green colour scheme, so I love those gorgeous plates :)

Catherine said...

I'm more on the organising side and enjoy a clear out and rearrangement every now and then which usually happen unplanned like it did for you today. My husband is the hoarder in our house and it annoys me no end!

Raewyn said...

Your pretties are so pretty; the results of your pottering are lovely. Having been lucky to always live in biggish houses I tend to be a bit of a hoarder... And I love it when I visit my parents and the ornaments etc are exactly as they have been for the past 30 years - very comforting!! I know that would drive some of my friends crazy!

Lis Harwood said...

It all looks gorgeous Michelle and I can almost smell those sweetpeas from here. I'm erratic, I hoard and accumulate and then I have a massive blitz, which creates space so that I can start all over again!!

Wendy said...

Your pottering has created beautiful spaces, lots of pretty things. I'm not a hoarder but sometimes that means I regret getting rid of things!!