Saturday, March 24, 2012

A roundup…

This post is a round up (not of the animal mustering kind) but of random bits and pieces that alone wouldn’t make much of a post… but first I would like to show off a little… Miss Ruffles came home from Pony Club today with not one but three cups she won…

2012-03-24_14-11-01_928

She only started pony club a few weeks ago… joining at the tail end of the season. I am very proud of her!

Borage

Today I ventured out into the jungle that is my garden… I managed to weed and turn over half of the vege garden and cleaned out one of the outside sheds, well the shed that was still left standing after the storm. And then it started raining… again!

This is my main project I worked on for the KHS kitchen challenge, a rag rug made out of selvedge's…I got the idea from this Blog.

DSC_2341

As you can see it is still a work in progress as I ran out of selvedge's half way through! SO I was wondering instead of this becoming a really slow work in progress, if any one reading this would be interested in a swap… do you have some selvedge's you would be willing to part with? please leave a comment and we can work something out.

I also had a go at making a  fabric bowl cover…

DSC_2378

I am happy with the way it turned out and it was really easy… I plan to make some more for gifts.

I made an apron for a dishwashing liquid bottle too… but it now resides at Nicky’s house (sorry I forgot to take a photo) I also made a gingham apron, I wanted to add some chicken scratch embroidery to it but ran out of days…if you would like to see a photo of it I think Michelle took one you can pop over here to have a look.

Our next challenge is Paper Mache which we will be doing at my house, so we have a free month. I hope to get my log cabin top finished and do some more on my Dresden plate quilt :o)

What are you working on at the moment?

Keep smiling

Michelle

8 comments:

Leeanne said...

I used to be a pony club girl & loved it! Good on your daughter she is doing great for her first blast at the season!Maybe years down the track she can make a quilt with the copious ribbons she will collect!
Once I would have said yes to passing on some selvedges, but I have just started collecting them too, remembering I use to keep them for tying up my tomatoes!

Susan said...

How wide do you want them cut?? I have a few bits here I was keeping in case someone wanted them - I DO NOT need another project!!

Maria said...

Congratulations to Miss ruffles on winning THREE trophy's.

I have heaps of slevedges and I am happy to send them to you over the ditch. Yes how wide do you need them as my are only anout 1/2"-1"

Miss Hillbilly said...

Congrats to pony girl! That's quite an accomplishment for a beginner!

Raewyn said...

That's a great result from the Ribbon day - brings back lots of memories from my girls. Glad she had a great day. Sorry I don't really have selvedges but I will havbe a scratch around and see it I can come across some to send your way. Is it very difficult to knit them? Hope you got some more sunshine to finish the garden. I went to pull out my courgette plant and discovered more babies so will leave it for a bit!

Wendy said...

Congratulations to your daughter. Your projects look beautiful - and useful!

Annie said...

Love the font on your blog. I had a tidy up of my sewing room last weekend and found oh so many unfinished projects - I should really try and finish some rather than starting new ones.

public liability insurance said...

Hi, nice post. I have been wondering about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will certainly be subscribing to your blog.