Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A visitor…

We have had a visitor of the feathered variety hanging around for the last few days…

DSC_2542

He has dropped in a few times, at first the chooks stayed inside, but yesterday he was on the grass next to the cage and they came out to say ‘Hi’ he hung around for a few minutes before he flew off to play a game of tag with 3 magpies…

Not much is being done in the crafting department at the moment, I hope to do some tonight, let me rephrase that… I need to do some tonight, it is May already and I have just over two weeks to finish a couple of projects for this months KHS challenge.

I have also started a new collection… it started when I saw these photo’s on Pinterest sometime ago…

(source found here)

(source found here)

Ever since I have been on the look out for a basket that would be suitable, I have found nothing… but the other day I had a thought… hmm…silly me… yep I had the perfect basket already sitting right under my nose! I use it everyday to store potatoes and onions etc in the pantry out of sight… Lol

DSC_2548

It looks a bit smaller than the ones in the other photo’s but I’m happy :O) And yes I know  it only has one chopping board in it so far but I’m working on that. My other ones are old and wouldn’t really look the part. It just so happened that as soon as I decided to do this that my friend Nicky rang up and asked if I would like to put in an order for a chopping board made from Rimu from the old Hawera hospital they are currently pulling down, of course I jumped at the chance… :oD I like it when things like this happen :O)

It’s only chopping boards, but it makes me happy! What is making you smile today?

Blessings

Michelle

6 comments:

Maria said...

I have not joined Pinterest as i spent too much time on the computer now..

Thought your DD may like to see this link. It's a sweet little girl we know.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/news/13552741/riding-has-amy-running-everywhere/
I hope you can open the link..
If not I will e-mail it to you.

Wendy said...

I love the inspiration on your post today, we have only a little home so I always love seeing pretty storage/collection ideas! Yours looks lovely!

Leeanne said...

That Pinterest sure can suck the hours clean outta ya!

Sara said...

Your chickens are braver than me!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a great feeling when you are able to re-purpose something in your home! I find pinterest very addicting too. Your chickens are braver than mine, they run for cover at the sight of another bird!

Raewyn said...

Very nice Michelle - amazing the inspiration out there! I like the sound of those chopping boards - a real piece of history.