Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Long Weekend...

Aahh.... I managed to have a relaxing day yesterday, unwind a little and just chill, NOT! Yesterday was a day off for Taranaki, that meant no school, etc etc but me I decided to have a sort out of craft stuff that I had stored/hidden away in a foot stool thingy in our lounge room.  There was exclamations of 'I forgot I had that', and 'Oh what on earth was I thinking when I bought that'  and after and hour or so I have two piles, a giveaway pile and a keepers pile.  I think the giveaway pile will end up in a garage sale in the near future and the keepers pile will be hidden stored away some where safe. By craft stuff I mean stuff I used to dabble in, cross stitch mainly, I have kept a few I still have feelings for and the rest... well hopefully someone might give them a new loving home! I know I will never do them, because since being bitten by the quilting bug, I have eyes for little else!  But I did get a little enthused over my knitting bag, inside I found not one, not two, but 6 knitted coat hanger covers waiting patiently to being sewn on to the also patient naked wooden coat hangers! I am pleased to say that an hour or so later they were fully clothed relieved they wont freeze this winter Lol.  Golly gosh what am I doing talking about winter?  Well we have been getting this little nip in the air at night(gasp, shudder) and the mornings have been a little crisp! But that means Autumn is on it's way:o) I am an autumn fan(sorry to those of you who love summer)I love the autumn colours! Here is a photo of a leaf I found on Saturday when I took the kids to the park to feed the ducks...


Sorry no pictures of the ducks as silly ole me forgot to take the camera again Duh!  I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself lately, and no one else noticed so I decided to buy myself some flowers to cheer myself up Lol!


Aren't they gorgeous, Lisianthus  are a favourite of mine, they are really pretty and last a long time.  Hmm I just re-read this post it is a bit random and I feel like I've been dribbling on about nothing in particular, next post hopefully I will have something positive to share. I'm off to wipe my chinny chin chin...

No comments: